"I Am A Child" from '73?
NewarkShark
2005-07-19 23:55:13 UTC
I had a bootleg that had a solo acoustic version of "I am a child" that
began with a verse that I have never heard since: "I was thinkin' of you
and me, makin' love beneath the tree; and now I wonder 'Can it be?'"

Ring any bells???

Unfortunately, my college roommate had some visitors over one day and
that album was never seen again.

I'd love to hear that tune one more time....
DrWebMD
Runnnerr
dontspookthehorse
NewarkShark
So, is the tune available any where, any way?
Runnnerr
NewarkShark
Runnnerr
Boomklever
2005-11-16 07:08:40 UTC
I still have that bootleg, it's from the 1971 LA Music Centre show, which
also has that nice version of Sugar Mountain on it (with a lot of chatting).

Drop me a note and I can send you an MP3 of it...

Jan
MattH
2011-11-02 16:22:58 UTC
Those lyrics are from "You and Me" (Harvest Moon)

Not sure about the bootleg you're speaking of. If you heard them as an
intro to "I am a Child" back in '73, he sure held on to those words
for a long time before included them in an official release in '92.

Sorry I can't offer any extra help. Good luck.

-Matt
MattH